Our team has over 25 years’ experience in dealing with land contamination and waste soils. Our specialist areas include:
Contaminated land site investigation and due diligence
If you buy land that happens to be contaminated, you may end up with a big clean up bill you weren’t expecting. Due diligence investigations help you manage the risks.
We use a tiered, risk based approach to judge whether brownfield land is suitable for its current or intended use.
- design and supervision of site investigations
- sampling programmes for soil, groundwater, soil gas and vapour
- environmental risk assessment for human health, controlled waters and ecological receptors
Remediation advice and contaminated land restoration
Our approach restores the value of land affected by contamination, and provides robust evidence of an effective clean up. We undertake:
- remediation options appraisal
- remediation strategy development
- regulatory negotiation
- contractor management and liaison
- site supervision
- validation and verification.
Part 2A assessment and support
Site investigation, risk assessment and remediation services to support Local Authorities in the inspection of their areas, and to support Part A and Part B persons in managing potential liabilities.
Planning support for brownfield development
Make sure that your planning application is not held up by land contamination issues and that planning officials have the right information to process your application.
We can demonstrate that sites are suitable for their planned use, or develop remediation strategies that will render them suitable for use. We liaise with planning officers and other statutory consultees regarding land contamination issues.
Pollution incident management
A quick response to pollution incidents will minimise clean up costs, environmental and reputational damage.
We provide clear and timely advice in response to pollution incidents, including:
- management of spill response contractors
- liaison with regulators
- design and rapid implementation of appropriate investigation and remediation measures